Inova is currently seeking an Advanced Practice Provider for the Cardiac Surgery program at Inova Heart and Vascular Institute. This is an APP-driven service with no resident program. Our Advanced Practice Providers are involved in all aspects of the ICU and SDU patient management. Specific services include thoracenteses, chest tube placement, SwanGanz catheters, central venous lines, and arterial lines. We performed approximately 1800 cardiac cases this past year including CABGs, Valves, combined CABG/Valves, Maze procedures, major thoracic vascular surgery (both open and endoscopic), Ventricular Assist Devices, ECMO, Heart and Lung transplants, and occasionally minor vascular surgical procedures. There are in-house weekend and night call, with compensated time-off. Advanced Practice Providers work on an average of 3-4 days/week. Responsibilities
- Performs high-quality clinical practices and effective patient management, under physician supervision, in accordance with state regulations, including primary and secondary specialty care in clinical and/or surgical practice settings.
- Demonstrates technical expertise by assisting the physician with diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Patient care duties may include education and research.
- Prescribes medications in accordance with state guidelines.
- Demonstrates teamwork by communicating effectively and working cooperatively with all members of the health care team.
- Displays respect for and appreciation for the contribution of all team members in order to foster positive working relationships.
- Participates in Quality/Best Practice initiatives by utilizing standards and guidelines for cost-effective care delivery in order to continuously improve patient care and enhance outcomes.
- The highly skilled specialists who make up Inova Cardiac and Thoracic Surgery have nearly 40 years of experience delivering advanced cardiac and thoracic surgery to adult and pediatric patients requiring diagnosis, staging and treatment of diseases of the heart and thoracic cavity.
- Our board-certified and fellowship-trained surgeons have performed thousands of procedures and pioneered many new treatment and recovery approaches with results rarely matched nationwide.
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in either critical care or cardiac surgery critical care.
- NCCPA Board Certified. Maintains necessary CME requirements as outlined by the NCCP
- BLS; ACLS Certification if critical care
- Being able to do procedures, placement of central lines, chest tubes, arterial lines.
- Experience in critical care and step down unit.
- Looking for an experienced Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner