The Cerebrovascular Program Lead is an advanced practice RN who provides program development, support and collaboration to the Cerebrovascular Program. This individual will be responsible for the administration and operations, marketing, clinical program design and coordination of outreach activities involving the public, physicians, nurses, therapists, EMS and professional organizations related to these programs.
Works with physicians, patients, families, and healthcare professionals to facilitate referrals, and coordinates team conferences and CME activities.
Provides clinical assessment and follow up patient care, and acts as a conduit for patients, families, physicians and healthcare professionals with respect to cerebrovascular related problems.
Work Site Location: INOVA FAIRFAX MEDICAL CAMPUS
Work Site Address: 3300 GALLOWS ROAD
Work Site City/State: FALLS CHURCH, VA
- Minimum of five years of healthcare supervisory experience. Must be a Nurse Practitioner with neuroscience/stroke expertise, and have knowledge of TJC requirements and outcomes for PSC/CSC.
- Experience with PSC/CSC guidelines and TJC process.
- Graduate of an accredited school for Midlevel providers. Bachelor’s in Nursing and Masters in Advanced Clinical Practice or graduate of a post-masters certificate program for Nurse Practitioners.
- Must have 16 hours in specialized stroke care.
- Active licensure in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- A minimum of seven years of clinical experience in an acute care setting with expertise in clinical management of stroke/cerebrovascular disease.
- 40 hours of continuing education annually.
- Extensive knowledge of TJC process in addition to applicable certifications. Certification in advanced midlevel provider specialty and neuroscience certification or equivalent