Would you like to work for the number-one hospital in New Jersey? A regional perinatal center in northern New Jersey is currently seeking (1) EXPERIENCED Neonatal Nurse Practitioner to work a busy, 48-bed, Level III NICU. The NNP role involves transport and high-risk delivery attendance. Rotating 12-hour shifts. Weekend, night and some holiday coverage required. Prior NNP experience, MSN and NCC certification required. Viable candidates must have a strong NICU background as this is a fast-paced, high volume unit. Candiated who have existing NJ licensure are preferred.
In this role, you will serve as the patient advocate and provide clinical expertise to assess, diagnose and medically manage neonates in the NICU. Through clinical practice, education, research, and consultation with multidisciplinary groups, the Neonatology NP will utilize a holistic approach to wellness.
Additional Key Responsibilities:
- Utilize advanced assessment skills to develop plan of care
- Utilize evidence-based research to achieve positive outcomes for patients and families
- Prioritize and evaluate patient and family progress towards healthy outcomes
- Provide culturally appropriate health promotion and disease injury prevention strategies.
- Utilize evidence-based practice to improve patient care and outcomes within the multidisciplinary team
- Facilitate and participate in formal and informal educational programs
- Serve as a clinical resource person for nursing staff, patients’ families, and other multidisciplinary team members across the continuum
- Evaluate protocols and standards of care in light of current research findings
- Utilize and disseminate relevant research findings through clinical practice, education, or consultation
- Adhere to the standards identified in the Medical Center’s Organizational Competencies
Qualified candidate must have a NJ RN License and maintain a NJ APN certification. Graduate of an NLN/AACN accredited nursing program and Master’s Degree required. National or Board Certification in Neonatology, American Heart Association Basic Life Support HCP certification and NRP will also be expected. Ability to work weekends and holidays as need a must.