The Nurse Practitioner (NP) is a licensed advanced practice registered nurse, holding current licensure in the State of Texas, who is responsible for managing the care of and addressing the health concerns of the women who come to The Source-Austin. This care is in accordance with State and Federal rules and regulations and the nursing standards of care (assessment of health status, diagnosis, development of a plan of care and treatment, implementation of a treatment plan, and evaluation of patient status). The NP will collaborate with the Medical Director (Supervising Physician) according to state laws and regulations. The NP will also collaborate with other members of the staff and healthcare team to provide high-quality care.
- Provide holistic care to patients relating to their physical, spiritual, and emotional health.
- Provide women’s health exams, including pelvic exams, pap tests, and breast exams.
- Provide full scope STI testing and treatment.
- Provide pregnancy testing and limited obstetric ultrasounds.
- Provide patient pregnancy and sexual health education, and referrals.
- Document clinical findings, observations, and medical care inpatient record.
- Review any clinical findings indicating concern for the viability of the pregnancy or health of the patient with the Medical Director as needed.
- Provide appropriate referrals for emergency consultation and care.
- Assist the Director of Medical Services with miscellaneous tasks.
- Maintain an appropriate standard of care established by experts in the field (aka, CDC, AIUM, ACOG, etc.)
- Comply with state and professional continuing education requirements.
- Annual review of OSHA, center policies and procedures, and infection control regulations.
- Receives annual evaluation by the Director of Medical Services.
- Maintains BLS Certification.
- Collaborates with Clinical Services Director and Support Services Team in making appropriate referrals.
- Respects and cooperates with the decisions of the CEO and Board of Directors in governing the clinic and operations.
- Attend staff meetings
- Assist in special events, including annual fundraisers, as needed
- Establish positive working relationships with staff members and volunteers
- Other duties, as needed or assigned by CEO and/or Medical Director
The Source is a faith-based organization. Applicants must:
- Be a committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
- Agree with and be willing to uphold the Statement of Principle, Statement of Faith and policies of the center.
- Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to the pro-life position and sexual purity
- Graduate of an accredited school nursing
- Master’s Degree from an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program
Current Advanced Practice Register Nurse (APRN) Licensure
- Current Nurse Practitioner national certification in Woman’s Health preferred
- Able to function independently without Medical Director (Supervising Physician) onsite
- Minimum of 5 years Family or Women’s Healthcare experience, 2 years of experience in the Nurse Practitioner role preferred
- Fluent in Spanish, preferred
- Have experience with Microsoft Office computer applications.
- Experience with Athena preferred
- CPR certification as a healthcare provider
- Exhibit excellent organizational skills
- Be self-motivated, dependable and responsible
- Work well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate compassion, cheerfulness, and professionals