UC Davis Medical Center
Nurse Practitioner (NP) II Supervisor
Salary Range: $ 6858.33 to $16558.33 Monthly
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) II Supervisor reports directly to the Medical Director of Jail Psychiatric Serves. The NP II Supervisor is responsible for the supervision, performance improvement and coordination of services provided by the advanced practice nurses within JPS. Under the supervision of JPS physicians and following specific standardized procedures, the NP II Supervisor will also provide independent nurse practitioner clinical care to inmate patients at the Sacramento County jails.
- Possession of valid California RN and Nurse Practitioner licenses.
- Furnishing license and DEA within 3 months of hire.
- Graduate degree from a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program in an accredited School of Nursing.
- National board certification from the American Nurses Credentialing Center as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
- 2-4 years’ supervisory experience with administrative responsibilities.
- Current BLS certification.
- Must be able to complete mental status exams and monitor the effectiveness of psychotropics.
- Knowledge of custody setting, issues, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of the criminal justice system, including workings of the judicial system, state hospital system, forensic mental health networks, probation, parole, and Department of Corrections.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Work is performed with many interruptions during the day. Must be able to work effectively within a stressful, hazardous environment with rapidly changing priorities and deadlines.
- Must be able to maintain departmental attendance standards.
- Willingness to work under an institutional No Hostage Policy.
- Must pass and maintain the Sacramento Sheriff Departments Security clearance.
- This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
Job ID #2108
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer